Monday, August 25, 2008

As the long, hot, holiday weekend approaches, I thought I'd post a 1950s photo of the strand at Huntington Beach. [Update: The second color photo I previously posted here was Oceanside. See what happens when you're getting ready for a trip and not paying attention?]
.
While cruising YouTube, I discovered an old documentary by Bill Miller, entitled Hopeful Journeys. It covers the history of the Huntington Beach Public Library from the viewpoint of the Johnson/White family, and also includes some general history about the community. It is posted in five parts: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5.
.
For the record, I'm taking a week's vacation from blogging. I should be back around Sept. 5th. In the interim, I refer you to the many excellent links on the right-hand side of this page.

Popular Posts