Monday, February 28, 2011


Happy Monday everyone!  If you are following the Bitten by the Bug2 blog hop you arrived here from Lori's blog - Welcome.  If you are one of my regulars popping by please do take a few minutes and visit all of blogs on the BBTB2 blog hop.  The Design Team members have created awesome projects to share. 

The challenge cut this week is the birdcage or bird house from the Straight from the Nest cartridge.  I chose to use this simply lovely birdcage to create a unique wedding card! 


I used three pieces of cardstock to cut the birdcage, a silver metallic for the top layer, a charcoal print for the middle layer, and a high glitter sparkle cardstock for the shadow layer.  Using scissors I removed the single bird from the cage and added my love bird couple.  I also added a little heart, a ribbon bow and a few gems to the cage.


Next I cut a gate fold card in soft pink cardstock.  I scored the folds with my scrorepal and affixed the birdcage to the left side of the card front.  Using the charcoal cardstock and the Picturesque cartridge, I cut for decorative corners for the front of the gate folds.


As you open the left side of the card the tag on the right side is revealed.  Using the same charcoal cardstock and a stamped image, I added a Mr. and Mrs. stamp to the middle of the tag.


The inside of the card was embellished with decorative corners which leaves lost of space to write a personalized message.


Before you head on your way, remember that I have blog candy!!!  Just leave a comment and you will be in the drawing for a $25 gift voucher from CUSTOM CROPS!!!  Who doesn't like to do a little free shopping?  I know I do!  I will draw a random winner on Thursday morning before I leave for the Circle Crop in Atlanta!

I hope you have enjoyed the blog hop. The final stop on the blog hop is at the blog of our beautiful and talented design team sister Krista.

Popular Posts