Friday, May 20, 2011


I have been spending my days at home lately so I have no reason to feel like "Thank Goodness It's Friday" (TGIF), but I do!  This has just been one of those weeks where no less than three mornings I was convinced it was Saturday... Then I fully woke up!  Seriously. 

I made this Blessings card back on Monday, but I am just now getting it posted.  I used three cartridges - Just Because Cards, Cindy Loo (for the word Blessings) and Ornamental Iron (the frame).  I had intended this to be a sympathy card, but I realized given my color choices it would be a wonderful first communion card, Christening card, etc. 

I wanted to give you a close up of the Ornamental Iron frame.  This is just one layer of a multi-layer cut, but it works so well well as a decorative frame.  I used a muted color printed cardstock behind the frame and matted both on lime green cardstock. 

I used three different flowers and a brad to create the floral embellishment.

I ran the ribbon under the lime green layer, around the top layer of the card and tied the ends into a simple square knot.  I thought my edges were too small for a bow - though I usually prefer a bow!

I stamped a simple phrase inside the card using my Theresa Collins phrase stamps.  The phase is stamped on white cardstock, matted on a pink print and adhered to the inside of the card. 

I will be back tomorrow with a new project to share - it will be the third Saturday of the month and that means it is my day on Everyday Cricut (love Joy and Melanie and their site)!!

Popular Posts