Every year at this time I debate with myself over the subject of whether or not I even want to bother to get a Christmas tree. It's a lot of time and energy for just myself and my two children to appreciate.
But then there's the blogosphere begging me to get in the Christmas spirit and consider entertaining with photos like these.
Reggie and Boy's table setting from a formal Fall dinner party - simply sublime
A table setting a la Francais brought to us by Tish Jett - absolument magnifique
And a tartan table from stylist/designer/blogger Scot Meacham Wood
To be honest, I'm much too busy working, especially at this time of year, to organize any type of entertaining, even the most basic cocktail party. I'm such a perfectionist that if I can't do it right, I won't do it at all.
Perhaps some day in the future, I will find the time for all this.
In the meantime, I will enjoy the merriment vicariously through the my friends in the blogosphere.
Monday, December 6, 2010
Popular Posts
-
This is the map of Indian village and burial sites in Orange County that Herman F. Strandt created in 1921. This post is sort of an adden...
-
The 1909 postcard above makes me wonder what kind of person schedules a "stag party and smoker" for 10:00 Christmas morning. Out...
-
Today's image is the cover of a 1932 coloring book from the California Fruit Growers Exchange . The illustration isn't identified a...
-
Finalists of Miss Polonia 2011 (Miss Poland Universe 2012) After 4 days semifinal finally came to an end. On Saturday, July 30 in Golebiew...
-
I know this is probably the oddest, least festive birthday card ever.... BUT.... My future daughter-in-law is a theater teacher and I am hop...
-
Happy Bitten by the Bug Christmas in July... Errr, make that August! The BBTB challenge cut of the week is image 13, the snowflake, from Ac...


