Tuesday, September 15, 2009



I had a wonderful surprise today: I received a surprise UPS delivery from Custom Crops. It contained two spray cans of Crafter's Companion, a new product for cleaning and resurfacing your cricut mats. Also in the box was the new cartridge, Winter Woodlands. Sweet!!

I wasn't feeling 100% today; my allergies in over-drive with sneezing, sniffling, coughing and general snorting (well not really) pretty much confined me to the house. What a perfect day to play with a new cartridge.




Maria, a member of the Custom Crops design team, made THE CUTEST 3D Halloween house using Winter Woodlands. Sadly she did not use design studio so there was no cut file. I thought I would have a go at my own 3D Haunted House.




I used Bldg 5 on the cartridge, and set the cutting size to 10 inches for all parts of the house. Like Maria, I used Paper Doll Dress Up for my haunting pieces: Ghosts, spider webs, mummies, etc.

I mounted my house, tree, tombstones, and assorted confetti trim on a piece of 12 x 12 hunter green cardstock and placed it the Haunted 3D scene in a Southern Living at Home tray. The tray will make it easy to relocate the house should need arise, but also it looks cut on my coffee table.



By the way, I have not stated how awesome the Winter Woodlands seems to be. I cannot wait to spend more time playing!!

Popular Posts