Monday, May 11, 2009


Here it is, bedtime on a Bitten by the Bug Monday and I am *just* getting my challenge project posted. Thank goodness Regina isn't as pokey as me! I bet you have already been by BBTB and checked out the amazing projects using the smiley face cut... I grabbed a few minutes and took a peek this morning. Just beautiful work!


My project is somewhat whimsical... Kind-of fun... Full of color... And just made me smile. I actually made two projects for this cut, each very different in size, color, and content... Then I let my husband pick. I actually thought he would like the blue/green project better but no, he too liked the fun colors of this card.


I used the Wild Card cartridge to cut the base card in SEI double sided card stock. I loved the bright inside and the fun print on the the cover. I then used solid card stocks and cut the two shadow pieces - one in white and one in cranberry. I also cut and punched the eyelet border piece. Next I but the smiley face and the double scalloped frame (or bonnet). I also cut the cute little bird. Assembly was a breeze with my Max glider. I finished the card off with markers and ribbons, and the SEI tag. Oh... and the inside reads: Oh happy day!

Popular Posts