Monday, May 4, 2009


It's Monday and you know what that means - it's Bitten By the Bug day!! This week Regina gave us the most simple challenge, which I know my fellow design team members did FABULOUS things with because that is WHO they are and WHAT they do. These women are awesome so I just know they took the challenge - Use Mom (or Mum) and the vase of flowers from the cricut Beyond Birthdays cartridge and created the most amazing Mother's Day projects. I had a very busy weekend (new dog, stamp club, etc.) so I finally created my project today. I was a bit of a slacker.... Sad, but true.


My project is a 3-D Flower Box gift holder that I made using Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More along with George - and of course Beyond Birthdays. I modified a library card cut from TBBM to give it sides and a bottom, as well as a cuter handle. I embellished the Flower Box with my Mom tag and the vase of flowers... And of course that beautiful Prima rose.


I used my nestabilities to cut the two layer tag for Mom and the rose. I also used a glue pen and red glitter for add "pops" on the heart, the vase and the center of the flowers.


I finished the project off with a little ribbon and white rick-rack, and I hid the gift card down in the shredded paper!

Popular Posts