Friday, January 22, 2010


I finally got a humidifier.  I did not buy the humidifier for my hair, if that's what you were thinking, I purchased it because the heat in my apartment is very drying.  So drying that I would wake up in the middle of the night with terribly dry nares, dry lips, and a dry throat, can you imagine?  My skin didn't feel dry, but just about everything else did.  Once I got my humidifier I placed it in my bedroom and I've been running it whenever I sleep, the dry nose, lips, and throat are a thing of the past and I'm sleeping way better. 

Feeling kind of creative, I decided to check around and see if there are any other uses for my humidifier (read: can I use it to amp up any of my beauty treatments).  Here is what I found:

Humifidiers can help rid your hair of static because it feeds the air moisture and in turn the moisture gets to your hair. 

I have a hard time thinking it would really help my hair especially since I sleep with a scarf covering my hair, but maybe I will see a difference in my skin.  If anything I'll be sure to let you know. 

Note: The photo is the exact one that I have, it has a cool mist and warm mist option.  I've been using the warm mist option.  It's a Venta Sonic.

Popular Posts