Friday, January 29, 2010


I was so happy to see UPS arrive at my door today bearing my Custom Crops order. In addition to some really pretty Valentine Paper I also received the Mother's Day cartridge. Initially I was not very excited about this cartridge, but upon closer inspection I discovered that it contains some really pretty cuts. And I discovered that it does not have to be all about mom.


As I looked at the pretty cuts, I noticed this really pretty floral vine. When I placed the cut on the mat in Design Studio I realized that when I turned the vine upside down it resembled a floral heart. Given that Valentine's Day is just around the corner, I decided to make a card.


I used five colors of Core'dination cardstock to create this card: Jenni Bowlin Core Impressions embossed black, white washed red, white washed pink, plain white, and gold. I cut the shadow of the vine in plain white. I cut the vine cut twice, once in white washed red, once in white washed pink. I used scissors to trim away the flowers on the pink cut. I then attached the pink cut over the red cut. I used a 1/4 inch hole punch to create the gold flower centers. Finally I cut the tag, using the hide select contour feature, in black.

Popular Posts