Tuesday, August 10, 2010


While at the consumer show at CHA, I discovered Loralie stamps.  Apparently EVERYONE else knew about these hilarious stamps before me, but I am okay with that.  As long as I did FINALLY discover them!  I purchased two of the Loralie stamps, a swim suit cutie named... wait for it.... Susan!  And this fabulous woman.  Is she not THE cutest?


I had my scrapping girlfriends over earlier tonight to give them the little goodies I brought to them from CHA (and I do mean little).  I also pulled out all of the cool products I discovered and shared.  The groups' favorite Loralie was not Susan (insert sad face) but this nameless cutie.  So after everyone went home (and Duncan the lady-loving-wonder-dog settled down), I decided to try my first Loralie stamp.


I began with basic black staz-on ink and stamped the image.  The hat netting is a second stamp so I went ahead and added that.  I used a slate colored copic and began coloring the slacks and hat, and I added dark highlights to her hair and pearls.


I added pink to her top, her shoes and her flowers.  I added more gray colors to her hair and I used a micro-tipped black pen and added stripes to her purse and definition to her necklace and earrings, as well as additions swirls to her hair.  And finally I colored her skin, adding touches of shadows and sun.  I finished her with pink pearls on her earrings and dark blue eyes.


I cut the stamped image out and added pop dots to the back.  I then created this fun card using Three Bugs in a Rug paper, an old Deluxe cuts die cut, and organza ribbon.  I also added more of the die cute swirls and left over paper to the inside of the card.


I know that my staz-on and copics did not like each other, but I really do think the card came out cut for a first try!!!  I cannot wait to play with my second Loralie stamp!!

Popular Posts